The historic Warrens Great House, to the north-western corner of the CIBC FirstCaribbean headquarters site, has been given a new lease on life, following a substantial facelift by its owners, CIBC FirstCaribbean.
The building, which dates back to the late 17th century, is one of the seven original great houses in Barbados.
It was first owned by the Sutton family, who in 1674 purchased what would become known as Warrens Plantation, named for its next owner, Robert Warren.
The building had fallen into a state of disrepair, and the bank took the opportunity to acquire it after it was vacated by the previous occupants.
Work is being conducted by the firm, Gillespie and Steel Associates Limited.
The Warrens Great House will become a multi-purpose building, housing conference rooms, the bank's training center, project development space and an area for hosting client receptions.
The work on the Warren's Great House is expected to be completed in January 2018.