Cricket West Indies and Nicholas Pooran have settled their differences, paving the way for the promising left-hander to return to West Indies colours.
The announcement by CWI came just hours after they also revealed an end to the impasse with leading Test batsman Darren Bravo, on a day of rare reconciliation in West Indies cricket.
Pooran, 21, had been suspended by CWI for opting out of the Professional Cricket League despite being selected by Leeward Islands Hurricanes for last season’s campaign.
However, the CWI said the period of the player’s suspension had since elapsed and both parties had opted to “settle this matter amicably” in the best interest of West Indies cricket.
“The parties jointly state however, that following bilateral good faith discussions, they have decided to settle this matter amicably. The parties add that they are both committed to the development of West Indies Cricket at all levels and continue to have those interests uppermost in their minds,” a statement from CWI said Thursday.
“Whilst not delving into the merits of their respective positions on the matter, the parties regret that it occurred as it did and accept that this has served as a learning experience for both players and administrators, in terms of best practice for the professionalization of cricket in the region.”
Pooran will now be eligible for selection to all formats.
The Trinidadian, an aggressive top-order batsman and wicketkeeper, has already played three Twenty20 Internationals following his debut against Pakistan in United Arab Emirates last September.
He failed to make an impression, however, and mustered just 25 runs from his three outings.
Pooran was picked up in the PCL draft but then snubbed the Hurricanes contract in order to represent Khulna Titans in the Bangladesh Premier League.
CWI said then there would be “consequences” for players who failed to honour their commitments to the PCL.