The National Council on Substance Abuse says it is fully prepared to cope with any influxes of individuals seeking treatment as a result of government’s proposed amendment to the drug abuse (prevention and control) act
Former West Indies batsman, Philo Wallace, has blamed a failure in leadership for Barbados Tridents’ wretched campaign in the Caribbean Premier League earlier this month.
In order to counteract the impact of COVID-19 on the country’s tourism sector, Government has agreed to implement a stimulus package known as the Barbados Employment and Sustainable Transformation (BEST) Plan.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo touched down in Guyana shortly after 5:00pm (local time) on Thursday at the Cheddi Jagan International Airport where he was greeted by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Hugh Todd and a team from the United States Embassy in Georgetown, including Ambassador Sarah Ann Lynch.
Footballer Lionel Messi can register his name as a trademark after a nine-year legal battle, the EU’s top court has ruled.
- Failed leadership behind Tridents poor showing: Wallace 18 September 2020
- Naomi Osaka pulls out with hamstring injury 18 September 2020
- US Secretary of State arrives in Guyana on official visit 18 September 2020
- London’s New Year’s Eve fireworks cancelled 18 September 2020
- Coronavirus: Tighter national rules considered for England by government 18 September 2020
Former U.S. President Barack Obama is to release the first volume of his memoirs on 17 November (20).
Owners of iPhones and iPads are being warned that some apps may experience glitches because Apple only gave a day’s notice of the release of a major update to its mobile operating systems.